My first convention! I was definitely very nervous and worried, but also really excited. It was so amazing to be able to talk to people about my art and the stories behind them, hear their thoughts, and learn more about them. Thank you so much to everyone who came. A big big thank you to the first person who bought one of my prints! I definitely will never forget that. She didn't just buy one, but 3, not too long after the convention opened, and stuck around to talk to me and discuss my art, as well as tell me a little about her hobby drawing as well!
It was also a lot of fun to meet other artists in the area, since I had no idea what the scene was like before this convention. I was pleasantly surprised by how many great artists there were in this tiny place!
I definitely learned a lot for next time. Here's a checklist:
- 1 Meter is absolutely tiny!!
- Purchase plastic cube-shelves for displaying posters.
- Forget cardboard boxes. Use luggage!
- Bring pillow for butt. It will thank you.
- Don't be afraid to chat with people! They're friendlier than you think :)
Looking forward to next time!